Listing during the holidays might seem extremly intemidating. You’ve got SO much to do during December that accomidating showings might seem like a hassle you don’t need. Here are a few reasons you may want to consider listing during the holidays.
- People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays, and less competition means more money for you!
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you.
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, and more likely to pay your price!
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week.
- Some people buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month employees begin new jobs. Since transferees, cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture these buyers
- You can still be on the market, but have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays.
- You sell now for more money and we can ask for an extended occupancy until early next year.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
List With Me!
If you’re ready to get started with listing your home, contact me today to get started!